Thursday, March 21, 2013

PTI Make It Monday #108: Inked Backgrounds and Sympathy Cards

Hello Bloggers and Bloggettes. It's been a rough past two weeks here, not going to lie. My dear friend who was a Navy pilot died in a plane crash here in WA during a routine training mission on April 11th along with 2 other airmen. We have been having quite a hard time coming to grips with it all, and making sympathy cards when you yourself are in mourning is not easy. She was an incredibly amazing and beautiful person inside and out, and even though I know she is happily with Jesus, it doesn't make me miss her less. Her husband is also a very dear friend of ours and this card was made for him. I was completely lacking in a good sympathy sentiment set and motivation for his card when Hero Arts (via Amazon) and Papertrey Ink's MIM came to my rescue. I liked the soft look of the sponging and thought it would pair nicely with my chosen PTI images. It was an easy card to put together thankfully, since I had several others I had already made for his family and her family as well. I sponged the background, stamped and embossed the silhouettes, and added the banner with the embossed sentiment. Pretty simple. Thanks for stopping by. If you don't mind, say a little prayer for the families of the 3 crash victims who are deeply grieving for their lost loved ones. And hug your loved ones a little tighter today. Our lives are but a beautiful breath.

Cardstock: PTI white
Ink: Versamark, (Momento) Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, Dandelion, Tangelo, (PTI) Kraft,
Embossing Powder: (Filigree) White, Gold
Stamps: (Hero Arts) Remember/Sympathy, (PTI) In the Meadow, Masculine Motifs
Other: Square Punch (to notch the banner), Scoretape



3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful card with a caring sentiment that will be appreciated. TFS. It is a beautiful life when you know the end is only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs sweetheart! It's a beautiful card and I hope making it was therapeutic. Prayers for all of you touched by this tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I am so very sorry for your loss and for all those who are grieving. Your card is beautiful and sure to bring comfort at this very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers go out to all!
    Jill - Seattle, Wa.

    ReplyDelete